I have been dealing with oily skin for more than half of my lifetime and I’ve tried pretty much everything available from drugstore products, high end products, home made products and I even consulted with some dermatologists. I’m no where saying that I am an expert in this field but I just wanted to share my thoughts and opinions on what works best for this particular skin type.
Currently I’m using the Lush ocean salt scrub but I’ve made a short list of what I consider the best products available :
1. NEUTROGENA LONG LAST SHINE CONTROL SCRUB
2. NEUTROGENA OIL FREE ACNE STRESS CONTROL POWER CLEAR SCRUB
3. LUSH OCEAN SALT
4. St. Ives Naturally Clear Green Tea Scrub
5. Dr. Brandt microdermabrasion Skin Exfoliant
6. Origins Never A Dull Moment
My tips :
• Wash face with warm water before you exfoliate to prep skin and open pores.
• Using your fingertips, apply the scrub in circles with clockwise motion for 20 seconds then repeat in the same area for another 20 seconds with a counter clockwise motion. Make sure to focus on the t zone area of your face.
• Rinse face with cold water and apply a toner.
• MOISTURIZE! This is a crucial step for getting the best results for your skin. Moisturizers are not bad for oily skin, they are life changing.
• Only exfoliate skin for 3-4 days at the most. You need to give your skin a break in between.
I hope this post helps!